Area Sales Manager
Agri / Equine Division - Scotland, UK
JFC is a market leader for the manufacture and sales of plastic livestock and farm equipment. We are recruiting a B2B Area Sales Manager to manage existing trade partners (through face-to-face visits) and identify/appoint new partners to support category growth plans and new product ranges for Scotland.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the successful candidate joining the JFC Sales & Marketing team, will be responsible for meeting agreed sales targets and increasing the awareness of the JFC brand. The role will involve extensive travel therefore your base location is preferred to be central Scotland.
The ideal candidate will display highly developed skills in sales, communication and negotiation. They should be customer focused and have a proven ability to achieve targets, drive initiatives and build/maintain effective working relationships with customers, colleagues and external organisations.
- Develop solid working relationships with new and existing clients.
- Key Account Management. Experience selling to central buyers at head-office level.
- Increase the awareness of and aspiration for JFC Branded Agricultural products.
- Effectively communicate market findings and customer insights to management.
- Meet sales plans.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing and new trade partners.
- Report sales progress via weekly/monthly sales meetings and daily conference calls.
- Utilise CRM software for the collaboration of daily activities, sales pipeline management along with market and customer information.
- Support sales forecasting and budgeting in line with the business needs.
- Travel extensively within and outside of the sales territory where required attending networking events / trade exhibitions / open days where applicable
- Accurately complete and submit expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Provide product training/demonstration
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 3 years field sales experience B2B.
- A proven history of working to and achieving sales budgets/targets is a prerequisite.
- A strong working knowledge of farming, agriculture and equine is desirable.
- Applicant must be based in Central Scotland
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science or similar preferable.
- Fluency in English and a full, clean driving licence is a prerequisite.
- Advanced negotiation and selling skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed IT and administration skills.
- Time management and task prioritisation skills.
- Highly organised, detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager