Tuam, Galway Ireland
Purpose of Position
A Design Engineer is required to join the R&D team within the JFC Group and will be involved in the design and development of products across our Marine, Agri, Civils and Material Handling range. The successful candidate will also be involved in machine, components and mould design projects from concept, design, development and re-engineering of our product portfolio. Due to continued expansion of our products within our Marine, Agri, Civils and Material Handling sectors, this position requires a candidate who can demonstrate their innovation and drive to succeed within a fast-paced innovative environment. This position will be based in our Tuam, Co Galway facility.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Project manage new product development along with the upgrading of existing products
- Develop product designs based on technical specifications provided
- Develop rotational mould tool designs based on technical specifications provided
- Implementation of design for manufacture and design for assembly techniques
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, codes and other requirements
- Preparation of product specification sheets, bills of materials. Marketing literature etc
- Document designs and specifications based on the ISO 9001:2015 QMS and CE Marking EN1090
- Product testing to verify the design
- Ensuring all designs meet with the relevant national and international legislation
- Work with external components and material suppliers to continuously reduce cost
- Any other duties as specified by the supervisor/manager
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree (L8) in relevant discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering
- 2-3 years’ experience is desirable but not essential
- Results driven and able to deliver with proven track record
- Possess knowledge on quality management systems, ISO 9001:2015 and CE Marking EN1090
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and visuals).
- Commercially aware
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with various teams
- Ability to interpret technical drawings
- Competent working knowledge and experience of 3D CAD and PTC Creo
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Possess the ability to work productively, with initiative and drive under tight deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities in parallel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 26th April 2019 (by close of business).