Purpose of Position
This role is part of our Dispatch team and will be responsible for ensuring all product is ready for dispatch in a timely and safe manner ensuring customer satisfaction at all times. This role will be reporting to the Transport and Logistics Manager.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Load trailers accurately with the aid of loading sheets in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work as part of dispatch team and also on their own initiative
- Ensure accurate completion of associated loading/paperwork.
- Identify/report any health and safety hazards. Implement any H&S recommendations
- Ensure strict adherence to all Health and Safety General Rules & Procedures
- Ensuring that only cargo which is safe and suitable for transport is loaded correctly
- Adhere to 5S standards within the Dispatch Building / Yard Area. Implement necessary corrective action where instructed.
- Identify/report of any quality issues to Manager
- Participate in a cross-functional teamwork environment
- Assembly and cleaning of products for shows
- Working on own initiative regarding process/methods
- Any other daily dispatch duties as requested by your manager
Desired Skills and Experience
- Fork truck Certification an advantage
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent is a minimum requirement
- Technical certificate or relevant equivalent is desirable
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a similar role is desirable but not mandatory
- High level of professionalism and good communication skills
- Ability to work in a pro-active and efficient manner
- Strong attention to detail and good organisational, prioritisation and planning ability
- Strong adherence to health & safety, quality & 5S standards
- Excellent customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 23rd of November 2018 (by close of business).