Evolution Production Supervisor
Purpose of Position
The production supervisor will be responsible for the running of JFC’s Evolution production lines. You will be self-motivated with a drive for process improvements. You will be responsible for the performance of the production lines, supervise employees to achieve key business objectives of product quality, order fulfilment, labour efficiency, and health and safety along with coordinating with other departments in the plant. There will be a huge focus on quality, and customer satisfaction as well as the other responsibilities, duties and benefits that come hand in hand with representing JFC and it products. Previous production experience with a background in lean manufacturing is desired. This role is based at JFC’s Headquarters in Tuam, Co Galway
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and supervise the performance of the Evolution production floor
- Responsible for production workflow and KPI’s, driving process improvements alongside the operation’s team.
- Hold daily PIT meetings to ensure Performance, Issues and Targets are monitored and addressed.
- Meet with Operation’s weekly to report on KPI’s and production floor performance.
- Drive and promote lean 6σ projects and methodology on the production floor
- Managing and promote 5’s methodology on the production floor.
- Cooperate with the technical team and share information across the organisation
- Identify and implement process improvements using 5s and lean methodology across the production floor
- Control a monitor stock using KANBAN and MRP system.
- Purchasing of component from various suppliers
- Ensure strict adherence to all Health and Safety Rules & Procedures
Desired Skills and Experience
- Production experience with a background in lean manufacturing
- Ability to lead a team of production and assembly operators.
- Ability to organise and manage daily activities in a fast paced production floor.
- Good technical and mechanical knowledge
- Problem solver that is solution’s driven
- Attention to detail is key for this role
- Excellent IT skills with a background in materials management systems.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules.
- Good communication, fluent in English demonstrated by excellent verbal, written and it skills
- Confident and commercially aware
- Agricultural knowledge is desired but not essential
Along with a competitive salary package, and working with a highly engaged team there is opportunity for further job progression both locally and globally for the right candidate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager
Closing date for receipt of applications is 8th January 2020 (by close of business).