Mechanical Design Engineer
Purpose of Position
JFC Group are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Evolution Calf Feeder R&D development team. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic design team developing High-Tech products for the agricultural sector. The position requires a strong candidate who is able to demonstrate initiative, innovation and drive to succeed within a fast-paced innovative environment. This position will be based in Tuam, Co Galway.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Working on New Product Development within the Calf Feeder R&D team.
- Developing concepts through all stages of the mechanical design process.
- Preparation of CAD for new parts.
- Control of Bill of materials and ECO process.
- Support procurement in managing manufacturing partners.
- Work closely with purchasing to manage component costs.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical design reviews.
- Build prototypes and manage laboratory and field testing.
- Manage development schedules to project timelines.
- Work closely with electronics / software disciplines on control system integration.
- Document designs and specifications based on the ISO 9001 QMS.
- Any other duties as specified by manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in an Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical.
- 5+ years of relevant industrial experience within a design environment.
- Excellent 3D CAD Skills with Pro-E, Solidworks or similar.
- Good understanding of design for manufacture is essential.
- Experience in DFMEA’s and risk management techniques a key advantage.
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines while keeping the overall system level design in mind.
- Demonstrates ability to get to root cause and to take effective action to solve problems and to prevent reoccurrence.
- Strong teamwork skills with a results-oriented commitment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience desirable.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment advantageous.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager. Closing date for receipt of applications is 8th January 2020 (by close of business).