Network Support Engineer
(Fixed Term Contract Covering Sick Leave)
Network Support Engineer required to support technology, people and infrastructure across JFC Group in Ireland and the UK based in our head office in Tuam, Co Galway.
This opportunity will initially involve traditional systems support responsibilities however, in time, you will be offered further development areas such as virtual server deployment and network design, cloud deployments, depending on your interests and aptitude.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing 1st line support to network users
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues
- You will be involved in building and deploying of computers and laptops
- Repair, installation and support of client’s network peripherals
- Active Directory and Cloud Application account setup and maintenance
- Desktop support for Dynamics NAV and CRM applications
- Desktop support for the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Monitor server and backup infrastructure
- Managing VOIP phone system and extensions
- Reviewing and advising on hardware and software licensing
- End user training on IT resources and day-to-day support
- Liaising with vendors will also be part of the remit of this position
- Manage disaster recovery plan
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a Certificate or Diploma level in Computer Science or relevant related field – a Degree is highly advantageous
- 1 – 2+ years of experience in an IT Support role
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior organisational skills, analytic capabilities, and attention to detail
- Knowledge of desktop and server operating systems
- Knowledge of networking and IP protocols.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience/knowledge of ERP and CRM systems is advantageous
- Experience with remote access applications is advantageous
- Additional Skills and Knowledge that would be advantageous in working with, Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Amazon Web Services, Dynamics CRM, Dynamics NAV
- Highly collaborative, organised, detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Well-developed IT and administration skills
- Time management and task prioritisation skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent customer focus
- Strong sense of achievement/delivery
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager by close of business, Tuesday, 13th February 2018.