Process Engineer / Production Supervisor
Tuam. Co Galway, Ireland
Purpose of Position
The Process Engineer / Production Supervisor will be responsible for the extrusion production process. The Process Engineer will maintain and improve production processes by ensuring that products are produced safely and efficiently while achieving the highest level of quality with focus on maximizing profitability. The position will supervise, coach and develop a team of production operators including team leads and monitor the daily work of the team. He/she will regularly hold briefings with their team and will be expected to maximise productivity and efficiency with particular focus upon extrusion production KPI’s.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplish manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, training, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Responsible for meeting production plans and schedules.
- Collaborate with other departments in completion of tasks to ensure best practice outputs.
- Complete review, approval and close out of technical documentation including automation changes controls, automations detailed design documents, validation protocols and site standard SOPs, in line with site standard approval process
- Responsible for carrying out performance reviews of department staff and providing feedback.
- Lead complex multifunctional root cause analysis of system, process and equipment failures including, substandard equipment performance, using standard tools and methods, to resolve machine and system issues e.g. FMEA, Fishbone diagrams, 5 Whys Analysis etc.; oversee and implement subsequent corrective action, through the change management system
- Evaluate and implement continuous process improvements within our current manufacturing systems to contribute towards cost saving initiatives
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes
- Maintain and develop process documentation and standard operating instructions
- Lead the application of lean tools to process data in order to complete process improvements
- Identify, troubleshoot, investigate and remedy process and equipment issues and incidents, using Lean Six Sigma tools as applicable.
- Collect, record, and transcribe data and show results in KPI reports
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization quality standards.
- Prepare samples for quality testing
- Maintain and further develop our preventative maintenance programme to reduce machine downtime
- Support and direct the maintenance team to ensure machinery is running effectively and that downtime is minimised
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established H&S policies and procedures
- Provide suggestions during incident investigations and advise on corrective actions
- Lead continuous improvement projects through the identification of CAPAs from system failure investigations and investigation reports
- Ensure projects are completed on time.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in process engineering / production supervisor role preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Good working knowledge of extrusion processes is essential
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum requirement, ideally in Engineering, Science or other relevant technical equivalent
- Yellow or Green Belt Lean Six Sigma Certification advantageous
- Excellent communication skills – fluent English both verbal and written essential
- Excellent IT skills e.g. MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook,
- Strong knowledge of process improvement techniques such as Lean
- Resolves personnel problems by analysing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Collaboration and contribution to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Previously demonstrated strong team and communication skills, flexibility, and motivation, with a strong emphasis around safety and compliance practices
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience desired
- Excellent technical skills
- Innovative mind-set
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 22nd March 2019 (by close of business).