Purpose of Position
The Sales Representative will be responsible for driving sales of our Evolution Calf Feeder. This role will involve achieving sales targets via lead generation and opportunity conversions by building strong customer relationships which supports our company’s growth plan. Working with our internal team to build effective working relationships with new and existing customers. This role involves travel nationwide.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Identify new business opportunities with existing and new end users and trade partners
- Develop solid working relationships with all customer types
- Follow up on all existing leads as well as identifying new leads and new business opportunities
- Increase product awareness in the market place and drive sales in line with your sales target
- Engage with our marketing team to create marketing campaigns to increase product awareness and increase lead generation when required
- Follow up with farm visits to customers to identify their needs and gain an understanding of their farm to ensure our product will suit the needs of the farmer to ensure Evolution or other products from our range are the right product for their needs
- Effectively communicate any market findings and customer insights to management
- Consistently hit your targets and grow sales as per our company sales budget
- Utilise CRM software for collaboration of daily activities, sales pipeline management along with market and customer information
- Provide product training and demonstration to our customer and support our Field Service Technician with product install etc
- Support sales forecasting and budgeting in line with the business needs
- Attend trade shows/open days etc as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years field sales experience B2C essential
- A proven history of working to and achieving sales budgets/targets is a prerequisite.
- A strong working knowledge of farming and agriculture is essential (Dairy sector preferable) with a technical understanding of agricultural products an advantage
- Full clean driving licence essential
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and other computer applications, previous experience in using CRM an advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with advanced negotiation and selling skills required
- Must be highly organised, detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 4th October 2019 (by close of business).