Health and Safety Officer
Purpose of Position
The overall purpose of this role is to identify, plan and implement Health and Safety procedures and improvements as well as ensuring safety compliance to legislative standards. This role is based in our office in Tuam but this position will have responsibility for our other JFC sites and therefore you will be required to travel/visit these sites as and when required. This is a Fixed Term contract of up to 1 year.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Development of group EHS management system
- Ensure Ireland & UK sites EHS statutory compliance & provide advice and guidance
- Promote and embed a positive EHS culture across all sites
- Develop, implement & review of policies & procedures
- Co-ordinate risk assessments, inspection & audits
- Manage all contractors and subcontractors who come onto site
- Training of employees to promote awareness and ensure competence
- Liaise with authorised bodies (e.g. HSA, HSE, Fire department, EPA etc.)
- Manage chemical safety onsite including hazardous waste
- Manage JFC Lifting Gear to comply with relevant legislation
- Effective management of H&S goods & services orders
- Collate, analyse and report on EHS data for the group
- Control accidents and incidents onsite. Performing root cause analysis for incident/accident investigations.
- Health and Safety support required for safety tender documentation for potential new JFC site works
- Health and safety support for customer visits onto site.
- Provide HR Admin assistance to JFC’s Group HR manager with HRM e.g. pre-employment medicals, contracts, recruitment, policy writing, litigation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in Occupational Safety and Health
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in a similar role is desirable but not mandatory
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other IT systems is preferable
- High level of professionalism and good communication skills
- Ability to work in a pro-active and efficient manner
- Strong attention to detail and good organisational, prioritisation and planning ability
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.