Junior Electronic Engineer
Tuam, Co. Galway
Purpose of Position
The successful candidate will work with our Engineering team and be involved in the ongoing development of the JFC Evolution feeding system. You will be self-motivated and responsible for organising & prioritising your workload. Experience is desirable, but full training and support will be provided for the right candidate. This role is based at JFC’s Headquarters in Tuam, Co Galway
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Lab testing of complete electronic control systems.
- Liaise with electronic and mechanical design engineers to create technical electronic specifications for various products and equipment
- Setup of test stations, power supplies, measuring instruments.
- Analysis of non-conforming products returned by Customers and completion of detailed reports
- Identifying through iterative debug the root cause components related to the fault
- Use oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and specialized test equipment to troubleshoot and isolate failures.
- Assist other Technicians and other Engineers with diagnosis of electronic systems
- Communicate with customers and service personnel to debug and address electronic issues in the field
- Ongoing updates of documentation and repair logs.
- Support in Specifying software changes and updates.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronic, Electrical or Electronic Engineering a requirement
- Previous experience in a similar role and advantage but not essential
- Must be capable of carrying out tasks with high levels of attention to detail.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Good Microsoft Office skills – Competent user of Microsoft word and excel.
- Debug and problem-solving skills.
- A genuine interest in technology.
- Experience in electrical/electronic debugging and fault finding.
- Full clean drivers license.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.