Junior Field Service Technician
Purpose of Position:
Following training with one of our experienced Field Service Technicians the Junior Field Service Technician will be responsible for the installation and servicing of the JFC Evolution Feeding Systems on farms throughout Ireland. You will need to be self-motivated and responsible for organising & prioritising your workload with a willingness to travel nationwide. There will be a huge focus on quality and customer service as well as the other responsibilities, duties and benefits that come hand in hand with representing JFC and its products. Experience is desirable, but full training and support will be provided, so if you have some experience in a similar role or enjoy working with machinery and are looking for an opportunity to start your career, then this is the role for you. You will be assigned your own area to cover with JFC’s Headquarters being based in Tuam, Co Galway.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation & Service of the Evolution Automatic Calf Feeding equipment.
- Ensure machine installations are carried out to the highest standard.
- Provide excellent customer support through JFC’s on call service with the Service Team.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues on site in a timely and effective manner.
- Plan and schedule farm installations.
- Organise and manage the servicing of machines.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues both on site and over the phone.
- Cooperate with the Technical Team and share information across the organisation.
- Build a good relationship with new and active customers.
- Identify and react to customer needs and give feedback on customer requirements.
- Ensure Installations and Service Records are kept through JFC’s CRM System.
- Manage inventory of spares and consumables in JFC service van.
- Ensure strict adherence to all Health and Safety Rules & Procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Level 6 Diploma or relevant technical certification/trade in a mechanical, electrical, or related field desirable but full training and mentoring will be provided.
- A full, clean driving licence is essential for this role.
- Field and Service work in the Agricultural industry in an advantage
- Excellent technical and mechanical knowledge.
- Problem solver that is solutions driven.
- Attention to detail is key for this role.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules.
- Strong technical, troubleshooting skills are essential for the role.
- Good communication, fluent in English demonstrated by excellent verbal, written and IT skills.
- Confident and commercially aware.
- Agricultural knowledge and background is desired (Dairy sector preferable).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.