Junior Test/Mechanical Engineer
Purpose of Position
JFC Group are looking for a Junior Test/Mechanical Engineer to join our Evolution Automatic Calf Feeder R&D team. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic design team testing and developing High-Tech products for the agricultural sector. The position requires a strong candidate who is able to demonstrate initiative, innovation and drive to succeed within a fast-paced innovative environment. This position will be based in our Headquarters in Tuam, Co Galway
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing causes of malfunction and non-conformance in the mechanical and electrical operation of systems.
- Proactively review and recommend improvements to existing system designs.
- Maintaining accurate inspection and test records.
- Assisting Engineering in the initial validation, installation and verification of new test procedures, equipment and products.
- Troubleshooting faults down to component level.
- Working as part of a team to identify and resolve systematic equipment issues.
- Completing and maintaining all necessary paperwork, test data etc. for each system/module to ensure that accurate Quality records are available.
- Overseeing and checking any repair work that has to be carried out to ensure that the fault is corrected.
- Build prototypes and manage laboratory and field testing.
- Work closely with electronics / software disciplines on control system integration.
- Document designs and specifications based on the ISO 9001 QMS.
- Any other duties as specified by manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in an Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical.
- Experience relevant industrial within a design environment.
- Experience with 3D CAD, CREO, Solidworks or similar.
- Good understanding of design for manufacture is essential.
- Demonstrates ability to get to root cause and to take effective action to solve problems and to prevent reoccurrence.
- Basic Fabrication Skills
- Strong teamwork skills with a results-oriented commitment.
- Experience with agricultural equipment an advantage.
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines while keeping the overall system level design in mind.
- Interest in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical systems
- Full Clean driving license
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve technical problems
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment.
- IT skills including standard offices packages.
- Excellent Problem Solving with a proven track history.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 30th September 2020 (by close of business).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.