Purpose of Position
Our Maintenance Technician/Fitter will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and repair of all mechanical equipment in compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements. A significant feature of this role is to minimize equipment downtime thus optimizing overall plant performance.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting equipment related process problems and equipment failures to determine cause and to investigate repairs.
- Logging maintenance data for analysis of equipment failure.
- Carry out Weekly checks on plant a machinery
- Carry out ongoing repairs and upgrades throughout facility.
- Involved in expansion and developments of onsite projects.
- Resolve any breakdowns with production machinery to ensure they are back on-line as quickly as possible.
- Troubleshoot any equipment causing production efficiency problems in a swift and timely manner.
- Support Engineering and Production personnel on continuous improvements and monitor equipment in order to recommend process improvements.
- Be involved in preventative maintenance programmes.
- Working within a team and being flexible across the production facility.
- Electrical / mechanical maintenance of machinery.
- Implement any changes approved by management to plant or equipment.
- Assist in handling and storage procedures to eliminate damage of moulds or other tooling / plant.
- Assist/Plan Mould Changes Roto/Pipe Departments when required.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by complying with established H&S policies and procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ previous work experience as a maintenance technician/fitter and/or preventive maintenance role, preferably in a manufacturing, mechanical or construction environment
- Leaving Certificate, a minimum educational requirement
- Flexible to the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills – fluent in both verbal and written English
- Hands on active approach
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Self-driven and self-motivated
- Ability to be flexible around machine breakdowns
- Ability to work on your own, and part of a larger team
- Strong Team player
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.