Purpose of Position:
To ensure the effective management of the production processes (Roto/Assembly/Pipe) to the highest, output, quality, safety and economic standards within its Tuam plant.
Key duties and Responsibilities (Roto/Assembly/Pipe Depts)
- Overseeing the production process, planning, drawing up and maintaining production schedule
- Ensuring production remains on schedule (organising production plans) to meet short and long-term goals
- Stock control and stock management of finished product.
- Ensuring products are produced on time and are of high quality/standards.
- Planning tool/mould changes and ensuring sufficient resources within production departments (labour and material) are available/deployed to deliver required outcomes/optimise manufacturing operations of the plant.
- Analyse production data, quality control, maintenance and other operational KPI reports
- Works closely with maintenance staff (Planning/Reviewing/Prioritising Workflow) and to ensure preventive maintenance and repair of plant equipment is completed in timely manner. Ordering spare parts via purchasing department where required.
- Driving productivity and efficiency year on year
- Assessing and reviewing forward capacity requirements to ensure that sufficient resources are in place to deliver the business/production plan.
- Actively seeking continuous improvement in all areas of production in terms of lean and 5S
- Managing people including absenteeism, return to work interviews, performance, development, holiday cover etc in consultation with HR.
- Providing out of office support if required. (E.g. contactable via mobile on occasion).
- Ensuring all reporting documentation is fully completed in detail and ready for report to management.
- Attend sales/production meetings to align production to customer/Interco requirements.
- Leading projects as required improving operational performance and efficiencies
- Implementing cost centres for budget/margin purposes and propose capital investment opportunities.
- Attend Trade shows on occasions
- Ensuring that health and safety policies and procedures are implemented to the highest standards
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree (L8) in relevant discipline
- Experience of leading teams to a high standard of excellence, with proven people management skills with previous experience in a people management position.
- Results driven and able to deliver with proven track record
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and visuals).
- Commercially aware
- Ability to deal with and manage change. Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities in parallel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 17th July 2020 (by close of business).