Transport & Logistics Administrator
Reporting to the Transport & Logistics Coordinator, this role will involve providing administrative support for the logistics function. The successful candidate will have experience in a fast-paced working environment. You will require excellent customer service, impeccable attention to detail and a high level of organisational skills.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Deal and respond to customer queries in a timely and professional manner
- Plan logistic requirement for the day with supervisor and keep team updated
- Responsible for organising all paperwork i.e., loading sheets, delivery dockets and all general admin duties
- Create Delivery Notes for Drivers/Couriers
- Monitor and report any Pick Errors from Loaders and update supervisor
- Liaise with Sales team on customer queries to find a solution for the customer
- Use computer aided packages to inputting orders on the carrier’s portals.
- Liaise with our Quality department and monitor CRM cases to continuously improve the process.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with established H&S policies and procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in an Administrator role, preferably within transport/Logistics/supply chain department in a manufacturing or construction environment
- Third level qualification/certification in relevant field preferred
- Demonstrates an understanding of operating and standards for compliance and quality
- Relevant IT skills essential (Excel – Advanced Data Extraction & Understanding, Powerpoint, Access Database, Navision, Routing Systems)
- Strong levels of customer focus and excellent communication essential
- Familiar with modern safety, environmental and production admin practices.
- Understanding of office Administration procedures and best practice
- Experience working with customers, drivers, contractors and service providers an advantage
- Knowledge/experience in logistics, supply chain distribution process plant and customer requirements/process plant environment advantageous.
- Flexible to the needs of the business
Key Personal Attributes
- Excellent communication skills – fluent English verbal and written essential
- Excellent telephone manner and strong interpersonal skills
- High professional level of customer service essential when dealing with customer queries and issues
- Problem solver
- Excellent Administration and organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Self-driven and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritise and plan on a daily basis in a fast paced role
- Strong Team player
- Results & Performance Driven
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.