Field Service Technician
Purpose of Position
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for the technical servicing of JFC feeding systems. This role will involve working in-house with a development team, troubleshooting and resolving any issues that arise. This role will involve installing feeding equipment and servicing and dealing with any issues that may arise with the unit. There will be travel involved nationwide and based in our Tuam office when not on the road.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a high quality of service and customer support during field visits
- Plan, schedule and coordinate customer visits
- Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems by investigating issues and determine the correct course of action and resolving the problem in a timely and efficient manner
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Document processes, service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records
- Operate vehicle in a safely manner
- Follow all company procedures and protocols
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organisation
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Analysing work orders
- Controlling stock of components and parts
- Performing Acceptance tests
- Identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques.
- Recommending system improvements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree (L8) preferable or Diploma or relevant technical certification/trade in a mechanical, electrical or related field.
- Installation and Service Technician experience (min 2 years)
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules, this role will involve call outs
- Full clean driving license
- Strong technical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills is essential
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and other computer applications
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Agricultural experience is essential (Dairy sector preferable)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 17th August 2018 (by close of business).