Evolution Area Sales Manager UK
Purpose of Position
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a recognised company within the agricultural sector. The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for building relationships with new customers and our distributors to grow the business and meet agreed sales targets while increasing brand awareness. The role is based on the road with responsibility for customers and will involve extensive travel. This exciting role will strive to achieve our sales plan through our distributor network focused on the JFC Smart Agri Tech Products. This role will involve achieving sales targets via lead generation and opportunity conversions by building strong customer relationships which supports our company’s growth plan.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Develop excellent working relationships and manage key accounts with both new and existing customers.
- Responsible for hitting your sales target by proactively identifying new business opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Provide product training and demonstration to our customer and support our distributors.
- Increase product awareness in the marketplace and drive sales in line with your sales target.
- Responsible for generating and following leads.
- Follow up with farm visits to customers to identify their needs and gain an understanding of their farm to ensure our product will suit their needs.
- Effectively communicate any market findings and customer insights to management
- Utilise CRM software for collaboration of daily activities, sales pipeline management along with market and customer information.
- Market product by attending trade shows, conferences and making presentations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establish personal networks.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years field sales experience B2C essential and B2B an added advantage.
- A third level qualification in business, commerce, finance, or another relevant field is an advantage.
- A proven history of working to and achieving sales budgets/targets.
- Advanced negotiation and selling skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are necessary.
- A strong working knowledge of farming and agriculture is essential (Dairy sector preferable) with a technical understanding of agricultural products an advantage.
- Full clean driving licence essential.
- Overnight 1-2 nights a week in area of country where working.
- Well-developed IT (MS Platforms, CRM, ERP, etc) and administration skills are essential.
- Time management and task prioritisation skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with advanced negotiation and closing skills required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.