Area Sales Manager (Agri/Equine) Scotland
Purpose of Position
The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for building relationships with both existing and new customers to grow the business and meet agreed sales targets while increasing brand awareness. The role is based on the road with responsibility for customers in your designated area and will involve extensive travel. The ideal candidate will be based in Central Scotland.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Develop excellent working relationships with central buyers and manage key accounts with both new and existing customers.
- Responsible for hitting your sales budget by proactively identifying new business opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Utilise CRM software for the collaboration of daily activities, project tracking, market and customer information.
- Effectively communicate market findings and customer insights to management
- Can-do, positive attitude, dealing with orders and sales enquiries.
- Assist in the compilation of Sales reports, producing agendas for your customer meeting and ensuring that you are prepared for all customer-facing and online meetings.
- Ensure your CRM is updated at the end of each day and plan your customer meetings.
- Report sales progress via weekly/monthly/quarterly sales meetings.
- Assist with marketing campaigns to support brand awareness and business development.
- Attend sales meetings, conferences, trade exhibitions and open days as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Science or similar
- Minimum 3 years of field sales experience B2B with a proven personal Sales record.
- A proven history of working to and achieving sales budgets/targets is essential.
- Strong working knowledge of farming, agriculture and equine is desirable.
- Applicant must be based in Central Scotland.
- Commercial marketing and merchandising experience.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written and a full clean driving licence are essential.
- Advanced negotiation and selling skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are necessary.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills are required.
- Well-developed IT (MS Platforms, CRM, ERP, etc) and administration skills are essential.
- Time management and task prioritisation skills.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented with a strong ability to multitask.
- Customer Focused.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.